Labek consummates the marriage between words and music.
With You/ For You
- Merci Bon Dieu- Franz Casseus Harry Belafonte Haitian Folk song
- This Masquerade- Leon Russell
- Blues Is Good For The Soul-Sonya Rae Taylor
- Hold On- Sonya Rae Taylor
- Both Sides Now- Joni Mitcell
- Rain- Dr. John (Mac Rabbennac)
- Is It Love- Jack Perricone
- Angel Eyes- Matt Dennis/ Earl Brent
- If You Go Away- Jacques Brel/ Rod McKuen
- Autumn Leaves- Joseph Kosma/ Johnny Mercer
- Winter Moon- Hoagy Carmichael
- Misty- Earl Garner/ Johnny Mercer
- Wild Is The Wind- Dimitri Tiomkin/ Ned Washington
- Old Feeling- Sammy Fain/ Lew Brown
- Boulevard Of Broken Dreams- Harry Warren/ Al Dubin
- No Use Trying- Sonya Rae Taylor
- Good Morning Heartache- Irene Higginbotham/ Erwin Drake/ Dan Fisher
- Drown In My Own Tears- Henry Glover
What a Woman Knows
Love at Last
- You Don’t Know What Love Is
- Somewhere Between *
- What a Difference a Day Makes
- September Song
- It Doesn’t Get Any Better Than This
- What’s New
- You Won’t Be Coming Back **
- Autumn In N.Y.
- For John
- Cry Me A River
- The Jazz In You
- Last Night When We Were Young
- The Man That Got Away
- Your Caress ***
- You Make Up For It All ****
- Love At Last
Hold On With You/ For You
Rain With You/ For You
Alone Together What a Woman Knows
Time is Running Out What a Woman Knows
Gotta Move What a Woman Knows
Blues is Good for the Soul
Merci Bon Dieu
Wild is the Wind
LA BEK – “With You / For You” Exclusive Review PlanetSinger
Some artists are great in one single genre, others can master every kind of music thanks to their flexibility and artistry, but very few can turn into gold everything they sing. La Bek is one of the few, and today we had the big pleasure to listen to her latest release, “With You/For You”, an authentic piece of art, full of surprises, passion, and class.
Her latest studio album “With You/For You” is a timeless collection of songs that span from Jazz to Blues and much more, where she gathered outstanding musicians to help her deliver one of the greatest releases of 2019 and 2020.
The current Album “With You/ For You” fits right in with her impressive collection of musical work. The overall album is exceptional. Labek’s soul poured out into every track on this album.
The album is simply well produced. Labek reminded the listening/review team of Sade, giving the listener meaningful music that makes anyone keep listening. All the songs have a great message. However, the favorites are “Blues is good for the soul”, “Is it love”, the first track “Merci Bon Dieu” which is done in french with a great beat and composition. The track “Rain” with the guitar baseline pushes this record to the next level.
This artist is the kind of artist anyone can enjoy listening to all day. Labek’s vocals are perfect, you can clearly understand every word she is saying, it’s as if she is reading with music. The music does not overpower her exceptional vocals, it is just right and the mixing/blending brought out nothing but quality. The album is well produced with great production.
This Album is a must-have! With You/For You is a collector item. This Album is highly recommended. Labek should be a part of everyone’s music collection. The Album “With You/For You” is all platforms such as Spotify, Itunes, Youtube, Napster, Amazon and alike. Listen to the album below and see a few videos!
Up-stream media…‘With You / For You’ is the fourth album release from Jazz/Adult Contemporary artist Labek. Funded by a grant from the Berklee School of Music, the album is a powerful, modern take on the jazz genre, comprising a mix of originals and covers. Drawing from a deep well of human emotions and experiences, the album touches on themes of social justice, love and loss with a refreshingly stark honesty. The album is stylistically diverse, drawing on elements of Jazz, Blues, and even Tango. The mark of a truly gifted songwriter is to take the deeply personal and make it universal, and with that, on ‘With You / For You’, Labek has succeeded.